The Records Bureau will process your request for reports during the hours of 8:00 – 4:30, Monday – Friday. NO reports will be processed via facsimile. CALL AHEAD!! We will be happy to look up and advise you on the status of your report, please provide the case or event number, time and location or the incident and parties involved.

In some cases, you may be required to complete an OPRA ( OPEN PUBLIC RECORDS ACT REQUEST FORM). These forms are available at the Records Window. Please read the second page of the OPRA Request Form carefully, this page contains important information concerning your rights under the New Jersey Open Public Records Act (N.J.S.A. 47:1A-1) If the record(s) you requested is not currently available or is in storage, the Records Custodian will advise you within seven (7) business days when the record can be made available, or may grant or deny your request at that time.

If you are denied a request you have the right to appeal. Your options are explained on the second page of the OPRA Request Form. Refer to for more information.

Portions of the report you receive may be “redacted” (blanked out) by law. The information redacted is sensitive information concerning involved parties such as social security numbers, dates of birth, & in some cases driver’s license numbers. ALL juvenile information (including names) will be redacted from reports as well.

NJTR-1 Accident Reports: Please allow 3-5 BUSINESS DAYS from the date of the crash. Note: If the crash report involves serious injuries, fatalities, or requires additional investigation the report will take longer to process. PLEASE NOTE: In some cases a Police Officer cannot or did not issue a motor vehicle summons as a result of a MV crash investigation. However, you may do so and may require your appearance in municipal court. (You are required to do so within 30 days from the date of the accident or incident.

INCIDENT REPORTS: All “incident” reports are considered Open Public Records under OPRA (NJSA 47:1A-1) Service fees may apply.

ARREST(S): (DWI, Criminal etc,) Are available only through to an attorney you obtain through the “Discovery Process” This includes but not limited to investigation reports, statements, photos, lab reports, summonses or warrants, domestic violence, etc. (All charging documents, arrest reports and a persons own statement are considered “public records” under OPRA)

REPORTS BY MAIL: Please send a legal size, self-addressed stamped envelope to above address Attn: Records Division. The request must include names of the parties involved, the date and location of the incident or crash and case number.

We are here to help. It is important whether you are the victim of a crime or involved in another capacity, receive your information and reports in a timely manner. It is our goal to provide you with your documents as soon as possible. Please be patient, some reports, cases and investigations may take some time to process and can be quite involved. NO reports can be obtained until all phases of the case is complete and ready for dissemination through the Wall Police Records & ID Section.


The Records Bureau also processes SP-68 Application for Temporary Handicapped Placard. These applications can be picked up or mailed to you. Applications must be signed by a medical doctor, podiatrist, or chiropractor and returned to us with a check in the amount of $4.00 made payable to: “N J Motor Vehicle Commission” These temporary permits will be issued only when necessary and when the applicant’s physical condition is not considered permanent. These permits expire 1 year from issue date and may be extended if necessary. Permanent Placards can be obtained through NJDMV.

Copyright © 2015·Brigantine Police Department. Webdesign by Chief of Police Tim Reed
%d bloggers like this: